1. Submission of Design – Plans are submitted electronically to CPS Energy
and to COSA (or the Authority Having Jurisdiction)
It takes about 1-10 business days to get approval from both. Different AHJs have different approval times (1-20 business days)
2. Installation – System gets installed as per the approved plans (1-2 days)
3. Work-With – System gets scheduled for a work-with with COSA. This is a temporary disconnect of power while the installer installs the electrical components to your system, and usually happen during the installation of the system. (about 1-2 days)
4. Inspection – Solar company then schedules your system to be inspected by COSA/AHJ. The master electricians coming to perform the inspection on your system basically just makes sure that your system is not an electrical hazard to your home and that the system has been built as per the plans they approved.
5. Commissioning – Once your system passes inspection, the solar installer schedules your system to get commissioned. This is just CPS Energy’s way of making sure that your system is not an electrical hazard to the electrical grid and that the system has been built as per the plans they approved. Once everything checks out, they turn on your system. (2 weeks-30 days)
6. Ready! – System is energized and ready to generate electricity!